This actually was easy to make, despite….
See what’s going on there? The pattern is unprinted.
Each pattern piece is precut, but the only information on any given piece is one word of perforated text announcing its name, some notches, and round or square holes marking areas of interest, like oh say bust darts I didn’t even know about.
Why didn’t I know about the darts? Why didn’t I just check the instruction page? Because the instruction sheet is missing from my copy. Hahahahhahaha. So it was a double whammy of using an unprinted pattern for the first time ever, and having no instructions. But this overblouse thing is a simple shape, and it’s not like there are multiple sizes or style options to confuse things, so it was all fine.
This annoyed me though:
Those holes at the bottom left of the photo are representing the bust dart, and the square hole is the sleeve attachment. What, how did I miss that dart, that’s not confusing at all.
I used this great but weird felt stuff to make the overblouse.
I’ve had this stuff since 2002 or so, original plan was to make a corset/bodice type thing, because the stitching for the bone channels would sink into the felt and look all structural and interesting, plus it would be fuzzy and soft, but still be a corset, and that would be neat, but after having no interest in actually wearing such a thing anytime in the past fifteen years, I’m fine with this ridiculous sweater thing instead.
That’s how it’s referred to around the house. “Your ridiculous sweater thing.”
Sew It or Throw It:
Sew It! I love this crazy thing!